ASK Process, Inc. trains your IT professionals to provide dependable, smooth, and cost-effective software and IT services.
Check our training calendar for courses near you!
We also provide Consulting Services to support this training!
Training Catalog Online
Agile Software Development Series
Software Project Management Series
Software Quality Series
Business Analysis Series
ITIL® -- IT Service Management Series
Executive Workshop: IT Service Management –
ITIL® V3 Foundation Prep – 2 Days
Introduction to ITIL® – 2 Days
ITIL® Awareness – 1 Day
Public Offerings -- Check our training calendar for which courses are available in which cities.
On-Site Training -- All of our training courses can be brought to your organization and tailored for your needs.
Custom Training -- We can design and deliver customized training just for you.
Download your own copy of our
(<450 KB, PDF)
To inquire about training
or get answers to your questions:
Call us at 412-849-0421
or e-mail Info@ASKProcess.com
All instructors are Certified ITIL Experts.
ITIL® V3 Foundations Prep
Understand the best practices in IT Service Management!
Prepare to earn your ITIL® V3 Foundations Certification too!
The IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) documents best practices in IT Service Management (ITSM). It provides organizations with a roadmap for improving IT services delivery to all of their customers, while constraining costs and addressing the threats to those services. The ITIL® Foundations certification is the prerequisite to all follow-on ITIL® training, and shows that the certificate-holder understands the basic ITIL® terminology, principles and processes.
This course will take you from any starting-point (even a vague understanding of what ITIL® encompasses) to the level of understanding that will allow you to capitalized on these best practices and successfully sit for your ITIL® Foundations certification.
During this course, you will:
- Learn what ITIL® and IT Service Management are all about
- Understand the IT Service Management Lifecycle
- Master each of the ITIL® Processes and Functions
- Apply each of the ITIL® processes and functions to a case study organization
- Apply each of the ITIL® processes and functions to your own organization
- Answer practice exam questions
Who should attend this course?
- IT Directors and Managers
- IT Team Leads and personnel
- Service Desk Managers and personnel
- Anyone seeking other ITIL® certifications
Course Outline (2 Days):
- Day 1
- Introduction to ITIL® and IT Service Management
- ITIL® Qualification Scheme & the Foundations certificate
- History of ITSM and ITIL®
- Basic Concepts and terminology
- The IT Service Lifecycle
- Overview of IT Service Lifecycle Phases
- Service Operation Lifecycle Phase
- Incident Management Process
- Problem Management Process
- Event Management Process
- Request Management Process
- Access Management Process
- Service Desk Function
- IT Operations Management Function
- Technical Management Function
- Application Management Function
- Service Transition Lifecycle Phase
- Change Management Process
- Service Validation and Testing Process
- Release and Deployment Management Process
- Service Asset and Configuration Management Process
- Knowledge Management Process
- Day 2
- Service Design Lifecycle Phase
- Service Design Basic Principles
- Service Catalog Management Process
- Service Level Management Process
- Supplier Management Process
- Capacity Management Process
- Availability Management Process
- IT Service Continuity Management Process
- Information Security Management Process
- Service Strategy Lifecycle Phase
- Service Assets
- Demand Management Process
- Financial Management Process
- Continual Service Improvement Lifecycle Phase
- The Deming Cycle
- Continual Service Improvement Model
- Measurement and Metrics
- IT Governance
- Service Automation and Tool Selection
- Organizational Roles
Download your own copy of this course description (<140 KB, PDF)