ASK Process, Inc. trains your IT professionals to provide dependable, smooth, and cost-effective software and IT services.
Check our training calendar for courses near you!
We also provide Consulting Services to support this training!
Training Catalog Online
Agile Software Development Series
Software Project Management Series
Executive Workshop: Project Management
– 1+/- Day
Project Management for Software Professionals– 2 Days
Software Project Estimation – 1 Day
Earned Value Planning and Management
– 2 Days
Project Risk Management – 1 Day
Corrective Actions for Projects in Trouble
– 3 Days
Software Quality Series
Business Analysis Series
ITIL® -- IT Service Management Series
Public Offerings -- Check our training calendar for which courses are available in which cities.
On-Site Training -- All of our training courses can be brought to your organization and tailored for your needs.
Custom Training -- We can design and deliver customized training just for you.
Download your own copy of our
(<450 KB, PDF)
To inquire about training
or get answers to your questions:
Call us at 412-849-0421
or e-mail Info@ASKProcess.com
Software Project Estimation
Provide a sound basis for your project plans!
Estimation is not just guessing about what you will build. In the CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration)®, the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) defined a software estimation process that works. In this course, you will learn the principles of that process and figure out how to make it work on your projects.
During this course, you will:
- Learn the CMMI's Software Estimation practices
- Become familiar with how to perform each step in the process
- Determine how to implement that process on your projects
Who should attend this course?
- Managers of software development
- Software team leads
- Software developers
- Specialists in software development processes and quality assurance
Course Outline (1 Day):
- The CMMI Goal: "Establish Estimates"
- Practice 1.1: "Estimate the Scope of the Project"
- Making Practice 1.1 practical on our projects
- Practice 1.2: "Establish Estimates of Work Product and task Attributes"
- Making Practice 1.2 practical on our projects
- Practice 1.3: "Define Project Life Cycle"
- Making Practice 1.3 practical on our projects
- Practice 1.4: "Determine Estimates of Effort and Cost"
- Making Practice 1.4 practical on our projects
- Using Software Project Estimation on our projects
Download your own copy of this course description (<140 KB, PDF)