ASK Process, Inc. trains your IT professionals to provide dependable, smooth, and cost-effective software and IT services.
Check our training calendar for courses near you!
We also provide Consulting Services to support this training!
Training Catalog Online
Agile Software Development Series
Software Project Management Series
Executive Workshop: Project Management
– 1+/- Day
Project Management for Software Professionals– 2 Days
Software Project Estimation – 1 Day
Earned Value Planning and Management
– 2 Days
Project Risk Management – 1 Day
Corrective Actions for Projects in Trouble
– 3 Days
Software Quality Series
Business Analysis Series
ITIL® -- IT Service Management Series
Public Offerings -- Check our training calendar for which courses are available in which cities.
On-Site Training -- All of our training courses can be brought to your organization and tailored for your needs.
Custom Training -- We can design and deliver customized training just for you.
Download your own copy of our
(<450 KB, PDF)
To inquire about training
or get answers to your questions:
Call us at 412-849-0421
or e-mail Info@ASKProcess.com
Executive Workshop: SW Project Management
What is your best option concerning Project Management?
Your software projects have often been a disappointment. You need to take some action to get the organization's project management processes working properly. But what should you do? There are so many options and experts out there! How can you choose the best way forward?
Regardless of the exact nature of the problems that plague your projects; no matter if you are the champion for PMBOK® or unconvinced; whatever your team members' current level of knowledge or understanding about project management; this workshop will help you to quickly identify the issues and make an appropriate decision about how to respond.
This workshop is normally one full day. But depending upon your individual need, it can be tailored back to a half-day, or up to two or three days.
During this workshop, you will:
- Fill in any knowledge gaps about project management that you or others may have
- Frame the issues surrounding the decisions to be made
- Examine the impacts of various project management practices on those issues
- Outline a strategy for moving forward
- (Optionally) plan the first steps you will take
Who should attend this course?
- The senior executive responsible for these decisions
- Affected direct reports to the Senior Executive
- (Optional) Specialists in software development processes and quality assurance
Course Outline (1+/- Day):
(While every workshop is unique, a generic outline might look like this.)
- Outline the current situation and purpose of the Workshop
- Questions that must be addressed
- Constraints that must be honored
- Learn about Project Management as needed
- Bring participants to a common, minimal level of understanding
- Discuss impacts of various project management practices on projects and the organization
- Brainstorm options for going forward
- Critique and prioritize options
- (Optional) Plan an your response
- Agree on a top-level outline for the plan
- (Breakout sessions) Plan specific activities
- Embrace and commit to the plan
Download your own copy of this course description (<140 KB, PDF)